To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Log on to the computer by using an Administrator user account.
- Start Microsoft Windows Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
- Click the View tab.
- Under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.
- Click to clear the Hide extensions for known file types check box, and then click OK.
- Open the following folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\
- If you are running Office 2003, right-click Opa11.dat, and then click Properties. If you are running Office XP, right-click Data.dat, and then click Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click Advanced.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- Click to select Everyone in the Permission entries list, and then click Edit.
- Click to select the Full Control check box.
- Click OK three times.
If these steps do not resolve this issue, delete the Opa11.dat file or the Data.dat file from the following folder, and then restart an Office 2003 program or an Office XP program
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data